‘Official Story’ as per LATimes.com:
“Just before 5 p.m., authorities smashed the cabin’s windows, pumped in tear gas and called for the suspect to surrender, officials said. They got no response. Then, using a demolition vehicle, they tore down the cabin’s walls one by one. When they reached the last wall, they heard a gunshot. Then the cabin burst into flames, officials said.”
Thanks go to Reddit.com user vonCam:
“It’s really hard to hear, so I’m paraphrasing bits and pieces of what I was able to make out from the live stream. Hopefully this can bide your time until a full transcript is available.”
– 7 burners deployed, we’ve got a fire.
– Ammunition exploding inside of the cabin.
– Do we have fire back there yet?
– 2 and 4 got fire, moving on [?].
– Unit #[?], any propane tanks visible?
– Sniper on the back side.
– Do you want fire squad to put water on it when the roof starts giving in?
– Negative, still have 2 sides vulnerable.
– 2 [cars?] not engulfed yet.
– How’s that fire doing on the west side?
– Taking a long time, this thing’s well constructed.
– 61 Lincoln, you ready for fire?
– Don’t have adequate penetration on (corner)2-3 yet.
– Hold the perimeter until 61 Lincoln makes the call, then mop up with fire.
– (Corner)3-4 fully engulfed
– Do these cabins have [buildup?] areas?
– Confirmed, this cabin has a basement.
– I’m gonna let this fire self-contain and burn down to the basement.
– Rosa, clear the adjacent buildings.
– Make sure the garages are clear too, use force if necessary.
– Rosa’s clearing adjacent buildings, Unit #[?] moving in as we speak.